Sunday, January 28, 2007

Kisses & Hugs

As anyone with kids knows, the concept of time is very hard for them to understand. About a week before deploying, Scott told Beth that he would be home from his big trip before her birthday. So every night when he returned home from work, she quickly announced that it was her birthday!

In order to help the girls visualize when Daddy would return, we went to the local Wallyworld and purchased approximately 210 Hershey kisses (and hugs) for each girl. Those 210 pieces of candy will take us to Beth's 4th birthday. Now, after dinner, each girl picks out one kiss to eat as they are reminded that we are one day closer to Daddy coming home.

I was worried about the "littles" wanting their candy at times other than the end of the day. I guess I should have known that routine would take precedence over desire for chocolate. (Am I sure these are my girls? *grin*) Beth doesn't even ask for her kiss until she has eaten her dinner. Hailey would squeak and point at her container of kisses the first night, but now she eats her one candy and doesn't ask for more.

I'm eager to watch the contents disappear! Even after only one week, it is possible to see that there are fewer kisses. Thank you Lord that I happened upon this idea somewhere. Maybe I should get my own container of kisses?

4 comments:

Scott said...

Janell,
A beautiful lady such as you should never need to seek out kisses for yourself. I may be an ocean away, but satellite internet is a miracle through which I may still be able to send you the hugs and kisses you so tenderly deserve. :)
I love you!
-Scott

Anonymous said...

Hey, Janell! We'll be thinking about you. When are you coming to visit?

Kraig

GoughRMAK said...

I would like to see if you could stick to the "1 kiss" per day. I know, one container for apperances, and the other to enjoy.

Auntie Mo said...

* Sniffle * Sniffle *

Can you teach Brian how to write like that Scott????