Wednesday, March 28, 2007

So she says...

As I was bathing little Miss Bethie-Boodle last night, she was mumbling something about someone. I waited for her to straighten out her thinking, but I was NOT prepared to hear: "I don't like you." OK, where had this come from? I wasn't punishing her, she hadn't disobeyed a direct command in the last 5 minutes, she usually loves baths... What's the deal?

The next sentence clarified everything: "I like Auntie and Uncle Rich better."

OOOOOOOHHHHH. I get it now.

She later stated "I miss Auntie and Uncle when we go home."

What a silly goose she is! Tonight she pitched a fit because she wanted to sleep with Auntie, not with her sisters. Uncle Rich even volunteered to sleep on the couch. :) I think she's working her magic on the Gough household.

Funny Faces in Cades Cove, TN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible that someone is being royally (and deservedly) spoiled by Auntie and Uncle? I'm sure it's wonderful for Beth to have a Daddy-aged guy around who cares about her. Of course, there's no one like Daddy!

Anonymous said...

I've spent some time in Auntie and Uncle's household, and they do spoil you, and I was not even a very cute and charming three year old.

GoughRMAK said...

Nana,
Being a kind and charming grandmother is almost as good. Of course, I'm not going to roll around on the floor with you.

There could NEVER be anyone like daddy! I do wish Scott was here with us. It took a little while for my kids to understand why Uncle Scott was not going to be making the trip with the girls.

We are REALLY enjoying the antics on a minute by minute basis. I'm sure I will have some things to BLOG after this weekend. I'm sure I will need to write them down on paper because I don't have the stamina Janell does. I'm sure I will pass out as soon as the kids go to bed. I'm looking forward to it. I already have the rope and duct tape ready.