Sunday, May 20, 2007

There's no place like home.

The Stringer Zoo has landed, at HOME!!! After visiting with my grandmother yesterday and this morning, the girls and I headed south for the last time. We have arrived to a HUGE home, amid screams of joy. Even Hailey was sure excited to see all her toys again. My emotions are bittersweet. I'm excited to not have to step over or around things/kids/dogs/etc. every time I want to move, but I LOVE being out on the road. Scott isn't here, so the house still feels empty. Traveling around the country without him is much easier than real life at home without him. Funny, eh?

Don't worry though, I have many more crazy stories of our antics while we traveled around the country. I hope to share the "missing" stories with you over the next few days and weeks while I plan my next trek. :)

'Night all!

10 comments:

GoughRMAK said...

Welcome home!!

We were talking last night wondering where you guys were. I know how nice it is to sleep in your own bed after being away from home for this long.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your journey.

Rich

Nana said...

Welcome Home!! I'm still at Lake A. Papa got here last night and we will both head south sometime next weekend.

60 toes said...

Welcome Home. I can relate to your mixed emotions, it is always good to be home but it is sad that the adventure has come to an end.

Thanks for taking us all along with you.:)

-C

GoughRMAK said...

You have been tagged to post 8 random things about yourself (or selves). To see the rules, check out our BLOG.

Rich

Unknown said...

Welcome Home Janell, girls and dogs!! I knew you were in CA for you had called. You are right there is no place like home. Love Mom

twinmommy said...

Yay! Cheers to a trip well done and experienced! You did it!!! Welcome home. It will be nice to be in your own beds tonight :).

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Janell. What an adventure for all of you. Proud of your pioneer spirit. Bet you have a lot of stories and I'm glad you are writing them down.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Let me know when you'll be up this way. I have books for the whole zoo, including Mom, from when we "missed" you before your trek.

Well done!

EEEEMommy said...

Welcome Home! What a sense of satisfaction you must have that you survived and thrived on the road!
How much longer until Scott comes home?

Auntie Mo said...

Welcome Home Mama! Take a deep breath, enjoy the fresh SD air and pack up again for your next adventure. :) xoxo