Thursday, May 15, 2008

Still moving east, mostly

Just a quick update before I go to bed. We arrived in Sioux Falls, SD, this evening around 8:45pm Central Time. Rushmore and the Black Hills were a great time. The girls again earned their Junior Ranger badges, and we also checked out the Crazy Horse Mountain project. Ran out of time and missed Jewel and Wind Caves, which we wanted to see. Today we drove through the Badlands National Park, eastbound as it parallels I-90. I wish we could have spent more time in the Black Hills and more time in the Badlands. I must admit, I'm a big fan of southwest South Dakota. We'll be back.
Tomorrow we head down to Lincoln, NE, to visit a Danish-Swedish Farm Dog breeder we met in Pomona a few months ago. We've been considering buying a DSFM for a while and we're still trying to learn about this extremely rare breed (which can be read: Janell is trying to convince me they are the best thing for our family!). So, we're going to go a little out of the way to make some inroads with the tight-knit rare-dog community (and to earn some brownie points for me). We should land somewhere in central Iowa tomorrow night; Oxford, I think. Still looking like a Sunday afternoon arrival in SoMD.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hey guys, I just heard you all had some trailor troubles today. Hoping that all is well soon and you are on your way! Saying a prayer and sending cyber hugs, Elizabeth