Saturday, January 13, 2007

Homeschooling meets Flyball!

WOW!!! That is all I can say, Wow! Katelynn, Emily, Beth and I did our flyball demonstration for our homeschool group this morning, and I am so proud of ALL of them! I introduced the girls, the dogs, and talked shortly about the sport. I handed the microphone over to Katelynn, and she introduced the dogs. Katelynn ran Abbey, I followed with Eli (who refused to go down over the jumps EVERY time), and Emily loaded.

After only two runs, I let Katelynn talk about our trip to Texas, and Emily talked about loading. I looked behind me and all the balls were in the shagger already. Beth had quietly, and with no prompting, taken care of the loose balls. :)

Katelynn and Emily really surprised me with their ability to talk in front of a group of moms and kids (close to 25 moms, and over 50 kids). Katelynn was very calm, and spoke clearly about the sightseeing and even explained how we usually race outside, with 2 rings, 150 races, etc. Emily spoke about it is tough to keep up with the fast pace of loading the tennis balls for the dogs. I had not told them before the presentation that I would ask them to speak. They were speaking on the spot.

It was so fun to hear Beth get excited as we set up the jumps, she was very proud to get to "hag" the balls for the dogs. She floored me when she picked up every single ball without being prompted. What a funny character she is!

The dogs were a huge hit, and I just had to share with you how well the girls did. Once again, I am reminded at how blessed I am to be the mother of such wonderful girls. The Lord has truly given me a treasure!

Thanks for letting me brag! :)

Janell





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: