Saturday, January 27, 2007

I am not alone

"God is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you. Don't be intimidated. Don't worry."
Deuteronomy 31:8


This verse, and it's companion in Hebrews 13:5, has always been one for me to hang on to. Now more than ever. The Lord is really showing me his presence through difficult times, my prayer is that I can help the girls find the peace that He gives. Jehovah-Jireh is the name of God the Provider, and I am continually amazed at how he provides for me.

Friday was a bit of a difficult day. It is the close of my first week alone with the girls. Melancholy has really been the mood of the day around here. I've had to be careful not to look at Katelynn wrong, or she'll burst into tears. Everyone just really seemed lethargic and apathetic. Then...the Lord provided.

God has truly blessed me with friends in times of need. Now is no exception. I was able to talk, vent, and share with two good friends on Friday afternoon. We may be thousands of miles apart, but the friendships are just as strong. Hearing comforting voices really calmed my heart and gave me hope. Plans for the cross-country trek were discussed, and I'm more eager than ever to get on the road.

Another funk was beginning to hit in the evening. I think I was just beginning to realize that this would be my first weekend at home without Scott - nothing planned, nothing to distract me or the girls. I was pretty down, when yet again, the Lord reminded me that he is HERE! Two friends came over, for a "Girl's Night". We watched a movie, and had a good old-fashioned gab-fest! Katelynn and Emily had their own "Girl's Night" upstairs with friend, Rachel, who had come over with her mom.

My mood is greatly improved!

I've enjoyed spending time together with the girls today, Saturday. Everyone is extremely tired, as we didn't get to bed until after 1am. (Katelynn and Emily included.) Katelynn has been under the weather with a tummy ache all day, maybe it is due to the lack of sleep? We've had fun through the tears and frustration though. Hailey is always good for a few laughs when we need them. Tonight she was playing with a piece of trash while sitting at her high chair. The rest of us were eating when we hear her saying "Hi!" Confused we look over. She had stuck the trash behind her cup, peered around it, and was greeting it with enthusiasm! What a goof.

God is continually providing for the girls and me, in so many ways.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry - your kids are playing with trash now? :) I guess it's better than lathering up with Vasoline like Bethy huh? xoxo