Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Littles playing...Nicely!

Today has been an interesting day. It is really only our second day back into the school routine (Monday we unloaded the trailer after a weekend at flyball, and also attempted to straighten up the house). Hailey was real fussy most of the day - she never did fall asleep during her afternoon nap, maybe the 2 1/2 hour morning nap had something to do with that. *shrug* Emily came down with a fever around lunchtime, so she's been real lethargic. She did perk up earlier this morning when she and Katelynn were able to make models of the Eiffel Tower out of playdough for geography.


Having Alton Brown's "Instant" Buttermilk Pancakes for dinner really helped the mood. Hailey (my 21 pound, petite, picky eater) even ate 3! I don't think she's consumed so much in the entire past 3 days. Emily was able to sit vertical long enough to eat one also. Katelynn was a huge help, setting the table, getting drinks ready, and serving her sisters while I finished cooking.

I thought it would be a long shot, but I attempted to fold some laundry after dinner. I had no clue that Beth and Hailey would sit and play blocks together. It was fun to watch the two "littles" play together, lifting blocks, handing them to each other, and laughing at one another. I am still in shock! Usually, a playtime with Beth and Hailey involves screams and tears - sometimes from me.

I was able to get an entire load of laundry folded while Dirty Jobs played in the background, Emily vegged in Daddy's chair, and Katelynn rocked away in my rocker.

The girls are adjusting to the routine of Daddy being gone. Beth talks about Daddy's "hip" (AKA ship) often. She was very concerned the first night she helped set the table, because she didn't know where to put the fork she had gotten out for Daddy. When I explained that he would eat on the ship, she looked up at me thoroughly confused. Because how in the world would this spoon get to Daddy on the ship? Fortunately, her cute dilemma about Daddy's fork helped me not cry over the fact that I had just reached for 2 large dinner plates, temporarily forgetting that Scott wouldn't be physically joining us at the table. *sigh*

The girls and I covet your prayers. I know that even on fussy days like today, the Lord is right here beside me. It is so evident in all that I do that it is only God who sustains me. I began a bible study this morning during my quiettime in a book titled "Wives of Warriors". I was encouraged by reading the introduction, and look forward to what the Lord will teach me over the next several months. I am also excited to see what adventures will come as Scott travels westward, and soon the girls and I travel eastward. Won't we have so much to share when we are reunited???

No comments: