Thursday, February 01, 2007

My dogs think I'm crazy...

I wish I could see inside Abbey and Eli's brains tonight. Normally, these dogs are great golden lumps on the floor. Something to step over, walk around, run into...you get the picture. Not tonight. I had tuned my iPod into my favorite mix. "Ashton" by Michael W. Smith came on, and I turned it wwwaaaaaaayyyy up. (I need all the motivation I can get when I'm washing dishes and straightening the house at 9:45 at night.) Then, "Me & My Gang" by Rascal Flatts began to play, and I couldn't contain myself. I began to dance and sing along. Let me tell you, those dishes sure were washed quickly!

Eli quickly vacated his spot in front of the oven, as he got tired of me dancing around him, fetching the dirty dishes from dinner. Abbey soon watched me nervously from under the table. Their expressions were priceless! They weren't sure what was going on. Eventually, they got used to me dancing and singing so loudly that they began to catch the energy and moved to the living room to wrestle. Isn't is awesome to see the Lord's sense of humor??? I'll definitely go to sleep with a smile on my face tonight.

5 comments:

GoughRMAK said...

Alec and I got a good chuckle out of this. Too bad your camera on your macbook was not turned on. That would have been a GREAT video to send out.

Sometimes, you just have to turn it up!

60 toes said...

Cooper loved seeing a picture of his mom and uncle on your blog.:)

I have loved keeping up with you guys this way. I feel that I can relate so much to what you are going through. Adam has been gone in the Middle East for the past four months and we are expecting him home soon.

I have also enjoyed reading Scott's Cruise Blog. Is Glenn Zeigler on cruise with him? I think he just left as well.

Tell all the girls and the dogs "hello". We miss you.

Charlotte

Auntie Mo said...

Rascal Flatts rocks!!!

I owe Scott big for gettin' you hooked!!

I can imagine Eli and Abbey taking cover every time you came galavanting their way singing "You feeeeel like a candle, in a hurricane..." :)

xo muah xo

Scott said...

Charlotte,
Thanks for the note. I'd love to give Adam a shout. Can you send his email to me? You can find my email address here.
Sure enough, Glen is in my airwing. He just checked in recently and we bumped into each other about a week ago. I recently wrote about a new bible study that started up this week and mentioned that two of the guys there were in a bible study with Janell & I in flight school: Glen & Matt Hartkop are both with me out here. I'm excited about what God will do with this group of guys over the next few months.

Scott said...

Wait a minute!
Did Rich actually have something positive to say about the functionality of a Mac?! Could it be that his great PC worshiping facade is beginning to crack. Is the light of reason beginning to penetrate the darkness of the his leming like commitment to windows? Couldn't be. Perhaps. This is quite a development. I wonder if Steve Jobs has heard the news yet.