Monday, February 19, 2007

Who knows better?

Jehovah Jireh! God is my provider.

I really struggle with obedience to the Lord in certain situations. I KNOW that God knows best, and yet there are times when I feel that I know a better way to accomplish my goals. (Hmmm, maybe that is part of the problem, MY goals, not HIS plan for me.)

It is hard for me to ask for help, even when I am in need. Such was the case with getting back up to North San Diego to get my truck this past Thursday. The courtesy shuttle would not be able to pick me up, as I live too far away for a pick up during the evening traffic. I thought I needed to find a way to get me and my 4 girls up to the truck, and was running the options through my mind on Wednesday night.

As I was thinking, I felt pushed (not prompted, pushed) by the Lord to ask my homeschool group for help. I didn't want to follow his push to ask the group for help. "No, Lord. They are busy, there is a field trip tomorrow, etc." (The list of excuses were long.) However, the Lord knows better than I do, doesn't he?

I obeyed. I e-mailed the group and was feeling down on Thursday morning when no quick solution had presented itself to me before I left to take the truck to the service center. (I'm real good at throwing short pity parties for myself. Fortunately they usually don't last long.) Surprise, His ways are not my ways. The Lord didn't want just one person to be able to serve me, rather he used two whole families! God is so good.

One family watched Katelynn, Emily, and Beth while another friend and her daughter took me up to Kearny Mesa. My friends daughter was even able to keep Hailey entertained during the entire 30 minute drive, leaving Hailey with a lollipop to keep her occupied while I drove back down home, through traffic. There were time constraints for everyone involved, and the Lord worked it all out! I've never moved so quickly though I-805 southbound at 5 in the evening!

Coincidence? No. God's provision? A resounding YES!

I know I'll struggle with obedience in the future, however, I pray that this faith building lesson will remind me that I need to trust Him, and not my own power.

No comments: