Saturday, March 31, 2007

First Girls weekend!!!

Whew! I would never characterize myself as a shopper, but boy did I do some damage this weekend! Two friends and I went to Stafford, VA, for a "Second Helping" clothing sale. A local elementary school (Anne E. Moncure Elementary School) holds a semi-annual used clothing sale each spring and fall.

What craziness! Since Gretchen, Melody, Kristen and I volunteered to help with the sale, we were able to shop on Friday night - the sale isn't open to the public until Saturday. It was semi-controlled chaos. Women lined up in the entryway of the school, tired from having set out their own clothes to sell, and having worked the set-up. Doors were open, and we were off. Have you ever seen a video of Pamplona's running of the bulls?

Actually, even though it was crowded, everyone behaved themselves. I scoured through the racks and tables of clothes, searching for items for my giggle of girls. I ended up coming away with quite a bit for each daughter. Since everyone is now asleep, I'll have to wait until after church to see if it all fits or not.

Of course, I didn't spend the entire time away from the girls just shopping for them. We hit Potomac Mills and the mall in Fredricksburg, VA. I'm tired, but satisfied with a job well done. Kind of like a proud hunter after bringing home its kill. :)

I definitely enjoyed some time off from being "MOMMY". Time with friends, laughter, conversation, finding interesting "things" in our hotel room... It all has come together to create an awesome memory for me to bring back to California.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Does the school make a percentage, making this a fund raiser? Glad you found some nice things for your girls!

twinmommy said...

I am soooooooo glad you finally got some "adult only" time. That break was very much deserved and overdue. Hopefully you can get another one (or two) before leaving Maryland. Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time. How did Rich do with his duct tape?

Anonymous said...

J -
Please send your sister my e-mail address in case she needs my help in pilling Jack.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to Emily!

twinmommy said...

Anxiously awaiting an update about Hershey,PA and Emily's B-DAY....... :)