Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Maryland, here we come!

In theory, the girls and I have one 5 hours of driving time left. In reality, that translates to about 7 hours of northward movement. Add in about 1 1/2 hours of preparation time, and hopefully 8 hours of sleep for me, and we have about 16 1/2 hours until the Stringer Zoo lands in Lexington Park, MD. Since it is about 10:oopm now, that has us arriving around 2:30pm tomorrow. Of course, that calculation assumes I go to bed right now, we get up EARLY, and actually get moving in a timely manner... I think not. However, things are looking good for us to get there before dinner. Sooooooo, what's for dinner Mel? :)

Several people have asked recently if I'll be glad to be in one spot for a while. And I have mixed emotions on this one. I am so anxious to see everyone in MD, and we have so many awesome things planned, that I'm ready to get moving this minute! Why wait until morning? The kids can sleep in the car, I can catch up on sleep in 20 years or so... Yet, on the other hand, I really do enjoy driving around the country. Over the past three weeks, I've seen such beauty, met some really awesome people, had to depend on the Lord for EVERYTHING, and grown to appreciate my girls in a deeper way than I ever have before. So, for those reasons, I'm not eager to stop the driving. What a funny creature I am. The Lord sure has created me with some odd quirks, hasn't he?

I have so much I want to try and write down from the past few days, but I know I need to catch up on my sleep tonight. (Abbey's sensitive stomach kept me up until the wee hours of the morning last night.) So, I will try and gather my thoughts about our second day in the Smokies, our visit with Rich's mom (I've got a few blackmail items for that blog), and our visit with the Hassengers here in North Carolina.

Pray for the girls and I as we finish up stage one of our journey. I covet prayers for a detail-oriented mind tomorrow as I hitch up. I don't want to forget any small detail - especially since I'll be driving on a tall, narrow bridge over the Potomac River tomorrow. Prayers for diligence and attention as I drive, as well as patience with my giggling girls and their never ending excitement at being reunited with friends.

Numbers 6:24-26
May the LORD bless you and protect you.
May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the LORD show you his favor and give you his peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray for a safe and uneventful drive tomorrow. Keep up the good work Janell.

GoughRMAK said...

BOLOGNA for dinner!!!

R:

Scott said...

Bologna with mayonnaise, right? ~J

Anonymous said...

Lots of mayonnaise????