Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Stringer Zoo has landed!

It is official. The first part of our mind-boggling, life changing, patience testing, epic cross-country adventure has come to a conclusion in Lexington Park, Maryland.

We arrived around 5pm tonight, with many SCREAMS of joy - the girls screamed too. :) Everyone quickly piled out of the truck and dashed off to various parts of the house and yard. This was our first visit to the Gough House since construction was completed, so I got the extended tour.

The kids quickly settled back into their friendships, the dogs worked out the pecking order, and the adults gabbed away - like no time has gone by since we last sat down together.

It feels like I've come home again. I can't wait to see what adventures lie ahead during our time here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,I am the first to wish you a big congrats on your landing safe and sound!! I know you will continue to have fun while you are in Maryland. Love, MOM

twinmommy said...

Yay! You made it! Grand Job done Janell!! Have fun with the Gough's!

twinmommy said...

O.K.........I had no idea a picture was going to be posted with my message. Hmmmmmm. Guess the secrets out that I have formed a blog. I haven't had much time to attend to it, though, so I haven't told anyone, but I guess I will now. It's wernerhappenings@blogspot.com. I'll start writing in it soon. Anyways, have lot's of fun and rest Janell!

Anonymous said...

Janell, so happy you made it safe and sound. You do need to come back some day though. Michael brought you some Dark Choc from Germany.

Scott said...

YUMMY! And I don't have to share it with Rich, right? ~J

Hope said...

Good job Janell and Girls! Now just make it back!

Auntie Mo said...

So since you have "landed" you no longer have time to post pictures and all that good stuff? :)

Hope you guys are all enjoying yourselves and I am SO glad you are done traveling for a little while! xoxo