Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Life is a Highway - Westbound

It looks like the girls and I are going to hit the road again. The weather has calmed down - just a bit windy, and the refrigerator burner dried out and it working again. Melody and I worked Sunday and Monday and got 19 meals prepped and loaded into the trailer. I used the Low Carb Mega Menu-mailer from the Dinner Diva and was able to pack 16 meals into the trailers freezer. It is stuffed, but of course, I managed to fit in a few Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches as well. :)

Our time in Maryland has been phenomenal. The connection we have with the Goughs is hard to describe. There aren't too many people who would put up with me and my giggle of girls for over 3 weeks. :) Our two families mesh together so well, the only thing wrong with this trip was that Scott wasn't with us. He was missed. However, Kaitlin Gough so aptly said that as much as she missed Uncle Scott, we wouldn't have been able to come on this adventure if he was home. True words indeed.

I'm going to pack up the last visible remnants of our stay here, take a few more pictures and climb back into the drivers seat of the Suburban. The Lord has blessed me richly over the past few weeks. I praise him for his grace!!!

4 comments:

GoughRMAK said...

We did miss having Scott here. However, we did enjoy a couple of laughs on his behalf (nice mustache). We have had a blast. My Kaitlin also told me that it only felt like you guys were here a week (I can almost guarantee that we will have some tears in the house tonight).

I'm sure we all looking forward to our next meeting (whenever that will be). I'm thankful that we were able to accomodate the zoo for a little time. It was hectic at times, but, we enjoyed every minute of it.

Have a safe trip.

R:

twinmommy said...

Good luck Janell. Do you have an intinerary yet? Where's your next stop? I hope you all have a great trip. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it would be nice to know your approximate itinerary. Do you need a place to stop in Iowa? (I'm assuming you may be taking a more northerly route back.) If so, let Ann or me know and we might be able to help. Also, Ann has a contact in Kansas City.

60 toes said...

There's something to be said for close friends. I've been encouraged by reading how much you've enjoyed seeing old friends.

Drive safely J.
A