Saturday, May 26, 2007

It's the little things.

I'm sure I am not the only wife to take my husband for granted. While Scott is gone, I've realized how much his presence means to me and the girls. It's funny, but the smallest little things will bring about a feeling of melancholy.

I really hate taking out the trash, its one of those necessary evils. Scott kindly usually takes over that task when he is around. So, now with him halfway around the world, I keep stuffing trash into the bag until it is about to burst. Then I have to wrestle with it to get the trash container to loosen its hold on the overstuffed bag.

As you can imagine, laundry is pretty much a daily, ongoing chore around here. I don't mind washing and drying the stuff, I just really don't enjoy folding. I miss having Scott around in the evenings to talk to me while I fold. I also am in the habit of tossing T-shirts in his direction to fold. We are rather odd in our T-shirt folding. We still fold them in the manner Scott learned while a plebe at USNA. It takes a bit more effort, but they really do fit in the drawer better. And that is important in this house, we have way too many T-shirts. :) Having his help in this area of laundry makes the chore go just a touch faster.

Anyone who talks to me for any length of time will quickly understand that I am smitten with my darling husband. I know that he is the BEST man in the world, and I am so thankful the Lord has blessed me with him. Even in a marriage, it is the little things that mean so much. I always feel sad that when Scott is gone my toothbrush is all alone. Silly, I know, but I guess that it is a visual reminder of his absence. So after Scott learned of this silly quirk of mine, he decided to leave his toothbrush in the holder so mine wouldn't get lonely. How considerate is that!!! I still smile every time I see his toothbrush standing next to mine.

The girls and I will all be ecstatic when Scott returns. He is sorely missed. Four months down, just over 3 months to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Scott. I hope his teeth don't fall out while his toothbrush stands watch at home.