Saturday, August 11, 2007

Today is almost tomorrow.

Tomorrow we'll celebrate Beth's 4th birthday, eleven days early. At the beginning of this adventure called deployment, we had hoped that Scott would be home before Beth turned 4. (The navy had other ideas, and he'll be home a little less than a week later.) In fact, during the month of January, while Scott was still home, we kept telling Beth that "Daddy would be home for her birthday." Each evening she'd greet Scott at the door with "Hi Daddy, it my birthday?" I guess we neglected to explain to her that going to work each day was different than a 7-month long deployment. :)

So, as things began to look like Scott wouldn't return in time for "THE day", I told the Zoo that we would celebrate with a party at Pump It Up IF Daddy didn't make it back by August 22. One thing led to another, and here we are with a house full of people who love Beth and are eager to celebrate with her. It should be a fun day!

Say a prayer of Thanks for this special little girl. Beth truly does brighten every life she comes in contact with.

4 comments:

GoughRMAK said...

Wish I could be there to celebrate with Suzie Q. She told me on the phone the other day that she would save me a piece of cake for my visit in a couple of months. Hope you guys have a GREAT day. I'm sure she will LOVE being the center of attention today. Make sure take some good pictures.

Rich

Nana said...

Me too, although Papa did get here last night and it was very nice to see him after two months. Have a very good day Beth and I will see you next weekend.

Anonymous said...

She does smile at me and it makes me feel speical!! Janell you have a great kid!! I am soooo sorry we didn't make it to the party! I really wanted to go! I am bakin her cup cakes right now for the LITTLE party at flyball! I know it isent like pump it up, I hope Bethy had a bunch of fun at pump it up!! I will say a pray while I frost the cup cakes!!! Cant wait to see you! It has been sooo long(Just kiddin)
Stringbeane3
Hope

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Beth!
Love,
Aunt Lucy