Friday, August 17, 2007

Just a little bit eerie!

The Goughs and the Stringers have many similarities. We've often marveled at how easily our families mesh together. Having Melody and the kids here this past week really helped me in so many ways. However, Mel and I discovered yet another eerie similarity between Scott and Rich...

Melissa was here this weekend to help celebrate Beth's birthday. She had helped me rearrange the downstairs a while back and was ready to help move furniture in my room. After huffing and puffing, the furniture was slid, pushed, shoved and wrestled into new places. (I think Scott will be pleasantly surprised.) Then it was time for the dirty work - sorting through papers on the desk, and clothes in the closets.

This is where Melody stepped in. We've always joked about how both Scott and Rich collect T-shirts. So, we took the opportunity presented before us and cleared out Scott's drawers of any shirts that had stains or rips, or that were older than Katelynn. (Yes, we found a few that were from our High School times.) Yet, the crowning moment was when I pulled out an old sports coat from the back of Scott's closet. As it sees the light for the first time in years, I hear Melody's chuckle from behind me.

"OK, I know it is a bit out of style, and it is dusty, but is it really THAT bad?" I think to myself. I soon find out that Rich had a nearly identical sports coat that he wore to their wedding reception, nearly 15 years ago! (If I'm not mistaken, Scott wore this coat to our Senior year homecoming dance.) Yes, Scott and Rich are really alike, in so many ways.

Melody and I even were able to get Alec to quickly pose for a picture in this vintage jacket. I'm waiting for Scott's blessing, but I think this coat is on its way out to bless someone else.

7 comments:

GoughRMAK said...

Rich laughed when I showed him this picture. That was such a 'priceless moment'!

It's been hard readjusting to the time zone, everyone slept in, again.

M

Nana said...

Maybe some of Papa's coats and shirts could go too?? And maybe not.

Anonymous said...

That is soo funny janell how u can remember were he wore it too!! soo funny!! NINE MORE DAYS JANELL!! It is going soo fast!
Stringbeane3
(Hope)

GoughRMAK said...

You wern't supposed to put that picture on there! Have a great time with Uncle Scott!!!

Alec

GoughRMAK said...

I think it's funny how it almost fits Alec at 12 and Scott wore it in high school. He wasn't very big was he?

EEEEMommy said...

Chris still wears a few of his High School t-shirts. YUK!!! I try, but I can't get him to part with all of them...

GoughRMAK said...

There should be no reason to part with those T-Shirts. They are broken in. I have a drawer full of shirts that are not broken in because they are on the bottom. I need to just shuffle them around once in a while, but I like my "comfortable" shirts to be handy.