Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Warning: Tear-jerker ahead

It is time for dinner around here, so I'm in the middle of preparing steak, beans and a sweet potato. (Anyone want to join us?) Beth is my ever-present companion these days, so I was listening with half an ear to her chatter as I busied myself with dinner preps. Suddenly she had my full attention when she expressed "I miss Daddy."

"I do too, Sweetie." I said, wondering what brought that thought on.

With pink nani in hand, hair still mussed up from her nap, Beth declares: "I wish Daddy could come home so I can give him hugs and kisses."

Clear as day, no slurring of sounds, her simple words touched my heart.

Beth, Mommy agrees with you. I wish Daddy were here, so I could give him hugs and kisses too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tears are flowing. Hang in there all of you girls. I love you all very much.

GoughRMAK said...

No kidding!!Counting the days till I can hug 'my girls' and you too!!

Love you guys,
Auntie

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Janell just keep on praying God is helping you in so many ways! I can see him working! Keep us posted when you start on your trip!
Love y'all
Hopie