Saturday, March 03, 2007

Life is a Highway.

UPDATED: Wednesday, March 7, 2007 - Pictures added

Well, we did it. The girls and I made it out of San Diego County, and are on the first leg of our epic, mind-expanding, strength-testing, nail-biting, cross-country adventure!!! YEAH!


Of course, we left 3 hours later than I had hoped. Between my own lack of organization, propane issues with the trailer, and Hailey having yet ANOTHER ear infection (in other words, another doctors appointment), we didn't leave our house until 3pm. A few hours later, stuck in traffic on I-15 near Corona, CA, I called my sister, Melissa. She always makes me laugh. Tonight it was when she crooned "I'm on a Highway, I want to ride it all night long" in my ear that I began to chuckle. She was making up her own lyrics for the Rascal Flatts song, but didn't know how accurate her words would be.

We eventually made it to Apple Valley for dinner with my Grandma and Aunt Candace. A very late, extremely YUMMY dinner. The girls blew off some steam by wrestling with each other, causing Great Aunt Candy to giggle at their antics. After being spoiled by Grandma's yummies and treats, we hit the road again for a short trek to our nights destination: KOA in Yermo, CA.

I followed my GPS to where the KOA address was. No KOA in sight. Hmmmm. I hopped on the internet (isn't modern technology wonderful???) and discovered that I was not where I thought I was. So, with laptop next to me, GPS in front of me, and all girls sleeping behind me, I drove around the Calico Ghost Town and eventually found where I thought I was.

So, the adventures have begun. I'm so excited to see what the Lord has in store for us down the road. I have such high hopes for what we will see and do while away from our home. As long as I get to spend time with my girls and dogs, I'll be happy. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Janell. May you and your girls be safe and have a wonderful road trip.

Anonymous said...

Eli and Abby, please help keep your girls safe. Janell, if you get the time, please forward your route so we can follow along. Our prayers are with you, have a great adventure.

We love you all very much!!!

twinmommy said...

Good luck and God Speed! Congratulations on making it out of the house. What a challenge that must have been!

Anonymous said...

Good job Janell you are doing great!!! just keep going! How is Benny the bass player doing? I forgot what we call the other guy! Love you Janell

God bless

Anonymous said...

Hi Janell sorry you started so late. I hate that! As the girls get older I find myself starting later! I hope its the reverse for you. This is really a cool site. don't forget to call us if you need someone to talk to while driving.
take care pam