Tuesday, May 29, 2007

BFF

When I stop and think about it, I'm just floored at how well the Stringer Zoo gets along with the Gough family. The Lord truly has blessed our family by bringing Melody, Rich, Kaitlin and Alec into our lives. The two families just mesh together so well! There is no one else in the world that I can even imagine spending almost four weeks with, day in and day out. More than that, I can't envision anyone willing to put up with me and my chaos for that length of time! :)

One fantastic result of this close friendship is how Beth relates to Auntie Mel and Uncle Rich. Beth practically grew up in their home! She teases Rich while getting spoiled by Mel. During our visit in April, Beth kept telling Rich that she was going to sleep with Auntie, and Rich would have to find another place to sleep.

It has become apparent that Beth is in love with Alec. If she couldn't get her way with Rich and Mel, she would would ask to sleep with Alec. So, a bed was made up on his floor, and there she would lay. Alec must have the patience of a saint with her, as she often talks A LOT while falling asleep. He would even locate her "nani" (blankie) in the middle of the night if she needed help. I always loved hearing Alec recount all the crazy things she said in the wee hours.

I teased Alec that he has to wait until Beth or Hailey grow up, then he can marry one of them. He took the teasing well. I can only pray that I will be so blessed to have someone like Alec for a son-in-law! :)

One night as all the kids were preparing for bed, Rich managed to take an awesome little snippet of video:


In case you can't hear it too well, Beth pronounces that she and Alec will be "Best Friends Forever." Alright, my heart is officially melted!!!

4 comments:

GoughRMAK said...

I couldn't get the video to play.

Thanks for the nice comments! You guys are the best!

EEEEMommy said...

That melts my heart too! So sweet!
I always thought that Gough family was pretty cool! It's neat to hear of the lifelong bonds that you've grown with them and how you've all been knitted together. It will be interesting to see what happens. The thought of Alec marrying one of your girls reminds of Little Women, it could happen! :)

Nana said...

Janell, you could not have found a better family to bond with. I felt it the first time I walked into their house. They are family.

GoughRMAK said...

Nana,
If you ever out this way and need somewhere to stay, you give us a call. We would love to have you.

R: