Wednesday, May 30, 2007

End of an Era

Tonight is the last night that my "littles" are so little. Starting tomorrow night, Beth and Hailey will be sleeping in "Big-girl beds". It is wild to see how these two are growing up so quickly.

I knew it would happen soon, I just wasn't quite prepared for it. Hailey, even in her non-walking state, is eager to do everything her older sisters do. Including sleeping outside of a crib. Since returning from our cross-country journey, she repeatedly tries to snuggle into bed with Emily or Katelynn, and cries when I remove her to place her into the crib. Tonight, as I tucked her into the crib for the last time, I told her that tomorrow night she would sleep in her new bed with Emily. I'm positive she understood, she didn't fuss at all after I kissed her, and she seemed eager to get to sleep.

Beth is super excited at getting to share a room with Katelynn, in their new loft beds. Delivery is slated for early afternoon tomorrow (Wednesday), and the playroom was cleared out today in preparation for the new beds. Lots of changes are in store. I'm sure Scott's head will be spinning when he returns home at the end of the summer!

Pray for the entire Stringer Zoo please. Scott is under a large load of work (ie. stress), and the girls and I are really missing him now that we are home. Emotions are running high for all of us.

I'll post pictures of the girl crew in their new sleeping arrangements tomorrow night!

5 comments:

Alycia said...

I am enjoying your blog so much. I will be praying for your family and your husbands workload. It's always so hard to see our little ones growing up..I am going through that also right now. Blessings to you all!

GoughRMAK said...

Can't believe they keep growing up. It's sad when we move into each stage in life. I have enjoyed each stage, but miss the first ones. Can't wait to see pictures.

Have a GREAT bed building day!

Rich

EEEEMommy said...

I understand! I look at my youngest (she's 4) and wonder what happened to my babies. I kinda wish we'd been brave enough to keep having kids! Sigh!
I hope that your littlest doesn't give up napping, that's what happened to us when we switched to a big kid bed!

I'm praying for you all!

Nana said...

All we have are big girl beds at Lake Almanor, so Hailey will be very happy. It will be interesting to see who gets the bunk beds.

Smith, Smith, Smith & Smith said...

Wow! Beth and Hailey get Big - girl beds now? Cool!I have a question for any girl in the Stringer family that has a Millsberry account - how do you get a costume for your person?
Kayla