Thursday, May 31, 2007

What a day!!!

Have you ever felt like you worked extremely hard during the day, and yet you sit down at night and when you look around you realized the house is still a disaster? Today was definitely one of those days for me. I look around at the pack-n-play in the living room (Hailey's quiet-time space), laundry on the rocking chair, school books all over the school table and all sorts of furniture in th oddest places upstairs. ARGH!

We had 3 deliveries today: groceries, bunk beds and dog food. It was really weird to have so many people in my home today. Joseph is now my "regular" delivery guy from Vons. I have decided that the delivery fee is well worth the two hours of my time that it takes to do the actual grocery shopping. What a blessing this has been!

The bunk beds arrived around 2:30 this afternoon. It took a few minutes for me to convince the two delivery men that the bed WOULD fit in the intended room. It is a tight fit, but I was right. It took them about an hour to assemble everything and bring up the dresser. It isn't the most beautiful furniture I've ever seen, but the utility is great! Both twin beds are up, on the loft, with a full-size futon on the bottom.

During this assembly, I was in the next room wrestling with our older bunk bed set. It took me a few tries, but that bed was finally set up, and Hailey was put down for her afternoon nap in her new bed. When she caught sight of her "new" bed with her "nani" on it, she exclaimed "Ma Be!" I took this to mean "My Bed." :) She's very proud of being able to get out of her bed all on her own. I see some training in line for her this week.

My order of dog food was also delivered during the bunk bed assembly. Yeah, I think my precious mutts are going back to kibble after over two years on the raw food diet. I will still supplement their meals with raw treats of chicken and beef. With the girls taking over the meal prep. for Abbey and Eli I realized that we were all spending too much time feeding them. So, even though I'm still convinced that the Billingsly "BARF" diet is best, my pups won't be eating it.

Whew! I'm tired just reading about this. I didn't even mention wrangling 2 twin mattresses upstairs, sliding bookshelves and beds around, or the time we spent in school this morning. Fortunately, I did have a fabulous treat in store for myself this evening. I was able to sit under the teaching of Pastor Tim LaHaye! The famous author of the Left Behind series was at my friends church this evening, so the girls and I ventured up to Vista Calvary Chapel.

It was a great time of fellowship, worship and learning. Even though my house is still a mess from today's craziness, I don't think I would change a thing. Tomorrow, I'll just jump right in where I'm at, and get things done a little at a time. In between school subjects, of course! :)

Oh, sorry for no pictures tonight. I was too embarrassed at the condition of the rooms that I didn't get any taken. Tomorrow night!

2 comments:

GoughRMAK said...

WOW! I'm exhausted! You still amaze me woman! I don't know how you get it all done. Neat! Tim LaHaye! I'm sure that was a treat!

Congrats on your hard work! Looking forward to the pictures.

Mel

EEEEMommy said...

This week started out the same for me. With all our unpacking and cleaning and laundry from camping, I was working all day long, but at the end of the day I was still surrounded by mess and clutter. I FINALLY found my kitchen countertops last night, although I have yet to find my bedroom floor, and my bathroom is desperately in need of a good scrub!

It would be interesting to see Tim Lahaye! I've always been a fan of his although I couldn't get through the Left Behind series because I got so frustrated with the quality of the writing.

So you go to a Calvary Chapel church? We go to a Calvary Chapel church out here. I love Calvary Chapel!