Sunday, June 24, 2007

Once in a while.

Yesterday, Friday, was an extremely tough day. Hailey cried - unless she was asleep. I'm not positive, but I think she is getting molars. However, they are coming in the way far back of her mouth, not right behind her first set of molars. I'm not quite sure what to do with her.

However, today was a FABULOUS day!!! I was cooked a delicious hot breakfast. I didn't have to make my daughters lunch, and I spend 2 1/2 hours at the pool. Wahoo!! Heather, Holly and Hope Beane have joined the Zoo for the weekend, and I was spoiled today. My girls love the Beane girls, and as far as I can tell, the feeling is mutual. :) I'm amazed at the Beane's patience with my family's quirks, and I so enjoy just spending time with the girls.

I'm so amazed at how quickly the weekend is passing. Before I know it, we'll all be heading up to Northern San Diego County for flyball practice, and the weekend will be over. The next two days are momentous ones for the Stringer Zoo. On Monday, Eli turns 11 years old. My distinguished boy is definitely slowing with the years, but his heart still thinks he is a puppy. I think he is currently cuddled with Hope in bed. :)

And tomorrow marks the start of 13 years of marriage for Scott and I. Even though we are currently apart, we will be celebrating our twelfth anniversary. It was fun to look through some pictures of that Saturday morning in 1995 when Scott and I exchanged vows. Boy, did we look a lot younger!!! I really loved looking back at the pure joy on our faces. I can hardly believe that Scott and I have been together as a couple for 17 years, and married for 12. Time sure does move quickly!

I love my husband dearly, and I'm eager to celebrate with him next month in person. For now, I'll enjoy our e-mails and the surprise phone call this morning. It was wonderful to hear his cheerful voice in my ear. :)

My final thought for the night is a "funny" from the humorous mind of Todd Wilson at www.familymanweb.com. (Check him out if you have a moment, he is great!) In case anyone ever wondered how I get any schooling done with the girls, here is a glimpse at my day...

2 comments:

60 toes said...

Happy Anniversary to you. It will be fun to celebrate it next month. I am glad that you are having a great weekend with your friends.

Love,
Charlotte

Hope said...

Hey Janell! I just wanted to say that we had the best weekend for the summer!! I can't wait tell we get the girls to ourselfs for a night!
Hope
P.s. Yes we love you and your girls as much as they love us! (and a little more) I already miss the screams from Hailey and the playfull stuff the older girls did with me!! I really want to come back but I want u to leave for the day so that we all can have what we want (exsept for Hailey)! Well talk to u later
Hope