Friday, June 22, 2007

YAHOOOOOOOOO!

OK, is is plain that I'm excited? I just spent a ton of money over the past 24 hours.

Last night I purchased 6 tickets to a Rascal Flatts concert that will happen in our hometown in September! My sister, Melissa - or Auntie Mo, has slowly converted me into a country music listener. Last summer, she and I, plus all 5 of our girls, trekked north into Jackson Hole, WY for a family reunion. During the 6 days of driving I was introduced to Rascal Flatts, and had to admit that I enjoyed their songs! She just happened to leave the CD "Me and My Gang" in the truck, so I "borrowed" it permanently.

Auntie Mo driving to Wyoming

When I discovered that RF would be playing at the Coors Amphitheater here in Chula Vista, I knew we had to go. So, the 6 tickets purchased are for Mel, her daughter - Hannah, Katelynn, Emily, myself, and Scott. Yup, poor country-music-detestor Scott is going to take 5 women to a country music concert. It truly must be love!!!

The other large purchase I made was for a plane ticket. You guessed it, I'm going traveling again. This time, my trailer will stay in storage, and the girls will stay with Nana. I'm heading West to get to the Far East. (Boy, doesn't that sound weird?) I am blessed to be able to join Scott at his next port visit! We'll have almost 5 full days together exploring a new country. I'm so excited!!!!!

I think I'm done spending money!

6 comments:

GoughRMAK said...

If Scott can't go see RF, let me know. I would love to go with you (Alec may need a ticket also). Glad to hear that you will be meeting up with Scott childless. That should be a good time. I look forward to seeing pictures. I may be able to come visit in Oct. and Scott can tell me how WONDERFUL the concert was.

Enjoy!
Rich

60 toes said...

That is amazing that you will be able to visit Scott in port. The concert sounds great too.

I can't wait to hear about both.

-C

twinmommy said...

Ahhh, Rascal Flats. They are coming to the fair up here in a month. I contemplated going, but opted for Aerosmith instead (no way we can get out for two nights in one week!). I, too, have turned to a country music lover. It's difficult not to, living where we do in "Atascabama." I'm so excited for you that you will be going out to see Scott. What a great way to lift your spirits at this point. Only one month until you get to see him.....Woohoo! Nice picture of you.

GoughRMAK said...

Yippee! So glad you get to see Scott. That will be a blast! Looking forward to the pictures. The concert sounds fun. We like them too.

M

GoughRMAK said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY tomorrow!!!!

Rich

Auntie Mo said...

Yeeee-haaawww!
First let me say that Scott will never live down that he is now a country lover (or at least a RF lover)! The teasing will be relentless and calculated...
Second, Amanda, Brian and I went to see Aerosmith in Vegas and they are awesome too so that was a hard decision you had to make! You'll enjoy their show!
Third - Happy Anniversary Janell! Hannah said she called and left you a message (she made sure she had the right date) :)
See you this weekend - xoxo