Thursday, July 19, 2007

Where in the world...

is the Stringer Zoo?

MMmmm, good question. The younger portion of the Zoo is camped out in Lake Almanor with Nana. I've been told that they have completed their dirt house, and have fun in the small pool they have named "Little Lake Almanor". :)

For the past two days, Scott and I have been enjoying the sights, sounds, and tastes of Singapore. It has been wonderful to be together again!!! This past six-month separation was the longest we've ever endured, even through our time in college (at opposite ends of the country) we were never apart longer than 4 months. I have been continually reminded of all the things I love and adore about my husband.

Today we will go on the ultimate tourist excusion. We have a 10:00 appointment for the Singapore Duck tours. Then we'll ride a "Hippo" around the shopping district on Orchard Street. The best part comes later tonight as we both get massages before heading out to dinner. I'm enthralled with Singapore. It has been a wonderful experience!

More stories and pictures to come! We're off for now!

8 comments:

60 toes said...

sounds like a blast! Have a great time.

-C

GoughRMAK said...

Glad things have worked out. Hope you have a GREAT time. I have never been there and would JUMP at the chance. I've heard it is a beautiful city.

Enjoy
R:)

GoughRMAK said...

So happy for you both! Enjoy your tour and massage and each other. Have fun!!

Mel

Anonymous said...

Dirt house? Brave Nana!

twinmommy said...

I am sooooooo happy you are both togetehr again. I can;t wait to hear about Singapore I called Nana last night and it sounded like things were going well, there. Enjoy your time together....hopefully it's not going too fast.

twinmommy said...

Not sure what happened with my punctuation in that last comment. I'm really not that bad of a writer! (normally)

Bill Darden said...

Barb and I were separated for 11 days over the recent Independence Day when she took the boys home to the farm and I went on a missions trip to Mexico - I can't begin to appreciate the strength required of those who serve and their families. Great to hear that you're together, and knowing that time is walking downhill from here!

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Unknown said...

Hey Janell I am soo happy for you!! I would hate to leave my husebands side!! (when I get one)! LONG LONG LONG LONG way to go before I even think about it! Well while u are having fun with Scott We are having for with the flyball team!! We all are going to be roughin in out at Teresa and Rus's house!!! Jackie and Mom just went to get food! We are hungry! Okay they just walked in the door! Ta ta for now!