Thursday, August 23, 2007

4 and 0.4

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 was quite a momentous day for the Stringer Zoo. Katelynn and Laura (aka Nana) left Honolulu aboard the USS Stennis for the beginning of their Tiger Cruise. I was able to talk to Katelynn one final time while they were waiting to pull out. It is a really odd to think that my eldest daughter is several thousand miles away, among 5,000 crewmembers on a huge aircraft carrier.

Yesterday also marked the anniversary of Beth's birth. Little Miss Bethie-Boodle turned 4 years old and proudly announced that fact to each person she encountered yesterday. Anyone who meets Beth quickly realizes she had a special spark. Scott and I marvelled at this little baby 4 years ago and wondered what the Lord had in store for her. It is an amazing adventure to be her mother!

But the first excitement came early in the morning. I realized that I was only 0.4 pounds away from my first weight loss goal. Shortly after Scott left, already several pounds into my weight loss journey, I told the girls that when I lost as much as Hailey weighed we would celebrate. Of course at the time, Hailey only weighed 21 pounds - she now weighs in at 24 pounds, so I had to adjust our celebrations by 3 pounds. :) On Wednesday morning I was pleasantly surprised to be at a 23.6 pound loss! Yahoo!

Today, the Zoo and I will be heading to the beach to our homeschool group "Not Going Back to School" Party. I'm sure there will be a few more adventures along the beaches of San Diego today.

6 comments:

GoughRMAK said...

You didn't reward yourself with Vera yet did you? You have to get rid of that last 0.4 to get the bag. PUT IT BACK!

R:)

60 toes said...

Way to go, that is awesome!

-C

60 toes said...

We want before and after pictures.

-C

Anonymous said...

WOW! Good job janell! I knew something was going on because u kept getting skinnier
TELL my little Bethy happy 4th!(b-day)
Hope

GoughRMAK said...

Wahoo!! You've been busy since I left:) The Vera bag comes 1st, right?? You know you want to use it. Congrats!

M

Scott said...

No, the Vera bag is my 15 pound weight loss reward. :)
Once I hit a plateau at 20 pounds lost, I had to implement this reward system to motivate me to keep going. So far, so good. :)
~J