Saturday, August 25, 2007

Just another way to procrastinate.

I REALLY should be attending to the crazy house, my screaming 2 year old, or the welcome home banners for Scott. Instead, I'm playing around online. :)

The wives and better halves of the men and women of HS-8 have been petitioning friends for baked goods, and businesses for donations as we prepare for the homecoming. I sent a message to my homeschool group asking for help preparing for the single sailors to come home. WOW! What a response. I've had 4 women volunteer their time to help paint welcome home banners for the 10 single officers in the squadron, plus several are spending time in their hot kitchens baking cookies and muffins for the single enlisted sailors. It is so awesome to be a part of a group that will wholeheartedly support my husband and his squadronmates. THANK YOU CFS - Chula Vista!

I've planned that today would be the last major cleaning day for the house. Emily and Beth are less than thrilled about this plan, but they are "willing" to help a little bit. I've been working pretty hard all week to straighten up, purge, and try to make this place a refuge for Scott as he arrives home. Funny how 3 little ones can really wreck havoc on a clean home in just a few short minutes! It may be a day of movies today - anything I can do to keep Hailey from screaming nonstop.

Only two more nights of being alone! The girls kisses are almost gone, it is time for Daddy to come home!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they saved some "kisses" for Dad!

GoughRMAK said...

J,
We are SOOOOOOO excited for you. I can almost feel the anticipation. I know how Scott if feeling right now. It's a feeling that can't be easily duplicated, nor does he really want to.

Good luck tomorrow on your LAST full day as a single mom.

Rich

GoughRMAK said...

I've been thinking of you today, figuring how madly you've been cleaning. Hope it goes well, so you can relax at worship tomorrow.

We are thrilled for your family, we can cheer for you across the miles :)

Happy reunion!
(How goes the cooking?)

M

Anonymous said...

I am soo excited for you too. I cant wait to see you as a big happy family! WELCOME HOME MR. STRINGER! Have FUN with your ladies!
Stringbeane3
Hope

EEEEMommy said...

15 hours! :)
I'm so excited for you all!!!!
And I'd be baking cookies too if I were there! (and if I had eggs, I'm out of eggs) :(

We saw the Blue Angels today and all I could think was GO NAVY!!! :) And here I was an Army brat. You guys and our time at Pax River sure did brainwash me. ;)

Liz said...

YIPPPEEE Janell!!!!!!!!!! Almost there. Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

J--Please convey a big "Welcome Home" to Scott and his Tigers. I hope to see you all soon!