Monday, August 20, 2007

Growing up

I'm pleased to report that Katelynn has landed in Hawaii with Nana and has met up with Scott. My little girl is growing up!

It felt a little weird to watch Katelynn and Laura walk into the security queue at Lindburgh field this morning. I was holding Hailey, while Emily and Beth peeked over the temporary barriers. We waved, blew kisses and made funny faces until we couldn't see Katelynn behind the crowd.

The house has seemed oddly quiet today. Emily has embraced her role as the big sister and is doing her best to keep the peace between Hailey and Beth. I don't have Katelynn's constant stream of chatter following me around as I work. I'm sure we will all adjust to her absence, but we will definitely miss her!

Pray for Scott and his "tigers". I know this week will hold many memories.

One week from now, and we'll be a complete family again!!!!

8 comments:

60 toes said...

That is so great, I am so excited for the "tigers". I can't wait to hear all about it.

The countdown in ticking...

60 toes said...

oops

IS ticking

It is late I need to head to bed.

Liz said...

Yeah!!! I know you will be so happy to have your hubby home. The countdown...Hugs, Elizabeth

GoughRMAK said...

I am a little jealous. I wanted to be able to take my dad out on a tiger cruise, but it didn't work out. If I had been crazy enough to stay in, Alec would have LOVED to go on one. I'm sure this is something all 3 will always remember. I know they are all excited.

Don't pay attention to the "ticking" clock. It will only drive you MORE crazy.

I'm happy for you guys that its finally almost over.

Take care,
Rich

Anonymous said...

Yeah, under 1 week to go! I know Katelynn is already having fun. We were guessing what time she would land, (it wasn't too far from when I went to bed).

Maybe Em will surprise you this week at what she can do. Praying for your sanity!

M

GoughRMAK said...

OK, I'm not awake yet...I'm not anonymous..

M

EEEEMommy said...

You're so brave! What an amazing opportunity for K though!!! Isn't it amazing how much more quiet the house seems with ONLY THREE! ;) I can hardly remember what 2 was like! :)
It's tough though losing your oldest. You realize how much you depend on them. But it's neat to see the others step up.
Praying for a safe return of dd and dh. :)

Anonymous said...

Good Job Janell, Let Your baby go! She will be soo happy! I Well be praying that Katelynn and your mom is safe! (Yes I will still be praying that Mr. Stringer is safe!). I can't wait to see you all as a WHOLE family again! I can't wait to see all your smiles! I really want to have a little get together with you and Mr. Stinger! I know u and the girls. But now I want to know Mr. Stringer!
Love you and keep going because you have Jesus to life for!
Hope
SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU!