Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sewing again!

While I'm waiting for my film to develop so I can add pictures of our reunion, I figured I could use this space to show off a few of my projects from today. I took advantage of nap-time and finally finished two diapers for Hailey. It has been a while since I stitched up anything to cover her tush, and she is rapidly outgrowing her current stash. :)

First diaper - Kaleidescope and purple










Second diaper - Red all over




















Happy model!

It felt really good to sit at my machine again today. It has been a LONG time since I've sewn. Unfortunately, this means that there is now fabric stashed all over the living room as I contemplate the next step in creating Hailey some more diapers. I'm currently on the hunt for the "perfect" diaper cover. Lately, she's been leaking through everything I put her in, and I'm getting real frustrated. Plus, it is hard to be an ambassador of cloth diapers when your daughter leaks all over anyone who touches her! :)

Tomorrow we have church "outside" on the lawn, and no flyball practice due to the heat. So maybe I'll get another new pattern stitched up to see how it fits her. I feel the pull of my sewing machine - it is calling to me!!! *giggle*

10 comments:

GoughRMAK said...

Congrats on making diapers, but....I worked so hard cleaning fabric while I was there! Is this a ploy to get me to come back??

Hailey looks adorable as always!

M

Hope said...

HAILEY U LOOK SOOO GOOD! But Janell she needs a nice blue to help bring out her red hair!!

I want to go to flyball soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad! I HATE THIS HEAT! I am dying. OKay well ttyl!
Stringbeane3

Liz said...

Janell, she looks so adorable. You are sooo talented, I want lessons!! PLLLLEAAASSSSSSSSSSE. Elizabeth

Nana said...

I'm just so glad you are the one making the diapers. I enjoy changing (most of the time) and while at Lake A, we had very few leaks.

EEEEMommy said...

Wow! Those put the square, white, cloth diapers, folded in the particular way that my mom used to fold them, and plastic pants that I used to put my kids into to shame!!! As if washing them weren't enough work by itself! It's nice that you enjoy sewing! I wish I had paid better attention when my mom was trying to teach me! :(

GoughRMAK said...

Hailey looks like shes daydreaming. Have fun with the Kindigs

GoughRMAK said...

It sure is taking the photo place a LONG time to develop your film. You should think of using someone else next time.

Rich

Anonymous said...

Hey Janell is the whole family coming to practice today???
Hope

60 toes said...

Now that you are sewing again do you think you could whip up a sling and send it to me?

I am serious.

Please?

I have always wanted one and now I have the chance. Plus I always thought you were so cool with yours.

-C

Anonymous said...

Did you pick up the pictures?