Sunday, October 28, 2007

I cooked breakfast... for my DOGS!

Since I have the pleasure of homeschooling my girls, I have decided that they should enjoy a hot lunch and a hot breakfast once in a while. (This decision also came about because we all get REAL tired of PB&J and cold cereal.) So, I recently thought I'd splurge and make french toast for breakfast. Since I am not known as a "morning" person, I was excited to find a recipe online for overnight french toast. All ingredients are mixed up and poured over the bread, and the entire thing sits in the fridge over night.

As everyone was pulling themselves out of bed and prepping for the day, I popped the soaked bread into the hot oven. When the girls made it downstairs, the smell of warm bread and spices filled the air. Yummy.

However, no one liked my fabulously gooey creation. All the girls politely tried a few bites, then opted for frozen waffles. Sigh. After trying one slice myself, I wasn't real thrilled either. So, Abbey and Eli enjoyed a hot breakfast of French Toast. :)

I know my dogs are spoiled, but this really seems over the top!

5 comments:

Nana said...

Goldens deserve only the best.

Anonymous said...

Yum

Anonymous said...

blog allready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas
yes it's CHRISTMASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

almost