Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Time marches on.

I knew I had taken a break from blogging, I just hadn't quite realized how LONG of a break.
Sorry! Life has not really settled down here since Scott returned. However, yesterday marked our first day back at school after the Christmas holidays. (And yes, I said CHRISTmas.) I'm determined with so much change and chaos ruling my life that I have to get some sort of order back in my life and our first day of school seemed like a great day to recommit myself to Flylady.

Almost 5 years ago, I was introduced to Pam and Peggy Young - AKA "The Slob Sisters". My handbell choir director, Linda, spoke at a MOPS meeting I attended about how their book "From Pigpen to Paradise" had helped her organize her workload when her children were younger, and that she still stuck with the system.

Being chronically late everywhere I go, wandering around the house with a toothbrush in my mouth, wondering "Why am I in this room?" or "Now, what was I looking for?" I realized that Linda was speaking right to me. I ran to the local library, checked out the book and was amazed at how accurately my life was described by women who didn't even know me. It was uncanny.

Shortly thereafter, I was introduced to Marla Cilley via her website. It didn't take me long to become a "Flybaby." And no, I didn't become a maggot, as Scott jokingly called me - only once. I was about halfway through my pregnancy with Beth, had just been called by God to homeschool Katelynn, and was really craving a method to keep my head above the water. The Flylady really helped.

Throughout the past 5 years, I have been on and off the Flylady bandwagon many times. I did several large purges of stuff while Scott was gone on deployment - I can even park my Suburban INSIDE of my garage now.

So, I am back on the Flylady bandwagon again - trying to use my routines to help establish good habits. I was able to get almost everything accomplished today that I had set out to do, I even had carved out time tonight to blog. Sorry it isn't exciting, it is going to take me a while to get back into the swing of things.

Good night all! I have an episode, or two, or three, of LOST to watch before bed!

5 comments:

Liz said...

So nice to "see" you again! I'm right there with you on being a flybaby! We won't start school until the 16th. We have Christmas company until then! See you Friday and just in case my email doesn't make it to you, the kids want to build a bridge!! Giggle! Elizabeth

GoughRMAK said...

Welcome back!

Could you drive the FLYLADY bandwagon our way? I know someone who could use a ride.

Hopefully, the kids enjoyed the snow over Chirstmas. We would LOVE to have a little of that here.

Rich

EEEEMommy said...

I'm a flylady dropout. Keeping my sink shining drives me crazy! But I definately could use some more routine in my life. (Just without flings and boogies.) I'm very familiar with the Slob Sisters myself. Sidetracked Home Executives was a great resource for me...I just need to implement!

I hope you're able to keep up the blogging! I've missed you!

GoughRMAK said...

Now if I could only get my Mii.

60 toes said...

Welcome back!!!

I agree it is hard to keep up with blogging with so many other things needing our attention too.