Saturday, August 09, 2008

Precious Pups

I'm really not in a writing mood right now, but as I sit here watching the Olympics I realize that I am surrounded by 3 beautiful, devoted dogs.

Ever since I used to cry into the long fur on Mojave's chest (my very first dog), the idea that the Lord has placed dogs here to give us a glimpse of his unconditional love has grown in my heart and mind. Having Eli and Abbey share my life has only cemented this maybe unorthodox view in my mind.

No matter what I may have on my plate during the day, my "Golden Shadows" are right there eager to help in any way I will let them. Just yesterday I felt like a movie star because Abbey and her son, Cooper, would watch me trekking to and from the trailer, then be ecstatic every time I entered the house with a handful of items. It didn't matter that I had no toys for them, they didn't care that I was covered in sweat due to the humidity, they were just so glad to be with me.

Even Eli with his aging body will climb stairs to make sure that he is near me as I work. He usually is right underfoot when I'm cooking a meal, or warming up my feet as the girls and I do school.

All 3 dogs are sacked out within spitting distance right now. Abbey is right at my feet so I can't get up without stepping on her, Eli is holding up the couch next to Scott's feet, and Cooper (visiting for a while) is keeping my left side safe and secure. Dogs are such a boost for my self esteem. All they want in life is my companionship, a little love, food and tennis balls.

Ahh, life wouldn't be complete without a little dog fur in my knitting!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Very sweet, Janell. I wish that it was my "season in life" to have dogs!

Miss you!

Nana said...

Nothing like a GOLDEN fix.

Hope said...

I love GOLDENS!!!!! Janell check out our blog and see what my pup went through a couple sundays ago! WASENT PRETTY!